I totally snagged this idea from a really great blog called The Tarr Pit. You can read Alysha's (such a cool name, right!?) list here.
Motherhood is definitely one of those things you'll never understand unless you are a mom. Sorry, non-moms out there, it's just a fact. I like to call it "The Secret Club." It's not like we try to keep secrets intentionally, it's just that most non-moms don't really want to hear our gushing and venting about the daily trials and joys of this thing called mommy-hood. I can't imagine why not. Well, maybe I can.
I know I'm a mom because...
1. I consider 7:00 a.m. sleeping in. Even on Saturday.
2. I wipe my son's snotty nose with my bare hands if a tissue isn't handy.
3. I count down the minutes til naptime so I can: a) go to the bathroom alone b) shower c) eat
4. I sing along to Da, Da, Da, Da, Dora!
5. Any definition in my arm muscles is attributed solely to my 25 lb. toddler. (I actually have no idea how much he weighs.)
6. I started blogging to brag about my kid (only partly) and to make friends with perfect strangers on the internet, aka members of The Secret Club.
7. I find sippy cups in our potted plants and my son's clothes in the kitchen garbage can.
8. I HAVE to smile when I watch my son ride his bike. Yes, he's a prodigy.
9. My most favorite thing is picking up my wet, nakey baby from the bathtub and getting soaked from his hug.
10. When I go out with my husband we don't know how to function without our child. (Working on this...See here.)
11. My nose has an unbelievable ability to trace any poop scent from miles away. I call it the Poo Radar.
12. I look at pregnant and nursing women in a whole new light. I call it the Insta-Bond.
13. I actually love the show Sid the Science Kid. I learn something new every time!
14. Despite everything I (we) went through with PPD/A I'm (we're) actually still considering bringing another child into this world. It's THAT amazing.
15. My purse IS my diaper bag.
16. I don't think I've ever made it through a day without some type of baby bodily fluid on my clothing.
17. More often than not I leave the house with snacks, extra clothes, sippy cup, etc. for Solo-boy and no provisions for myself. Yes, I frequently drink out of a sippy.
18. I appreciate my parents & in-laws so.much.more.
19. Watching Mr. P play with Solo-boy makes my heart flutter.
20. A night away with my husband (and sleeping in til, oh, SEVEN-THIRTY) is worthy of a countdown....52 DAYS!
21. I have mommy battle scars. I like to call them Evidence.
22. Staying up til 10:00 PM is LATE and stresses me out.
23. I haven't taken a nap (tried, but can't) in about 20 months. (I blame PPD/A. Not Motherhood.)
24. I kiss Solo-boy's cheeks (both sets) about 30x a day.
25. Solo-boy just woke up from his nap & my magic touch put him back to sleep. Yeehaw!
If you have a list like this on your blog, leave a comment with the link! Fun, Fun!
P.S. I hope this picture doesn't freak or gross anyone out. I just thought there wasn't a more appropriate pic than the one where Solo-boy & I met for the very first time. Aww.